Sorry for my absence this week. I had some very special guests visiting me all the way from Finland and I did not have the time to pre-write anything worth reading before they arrived. Anywhooo, now I am back in business and I shall start with a bang!
I got nominated for a Liebster award by Ruzele (check out her blog My New Normal – she’s great!). The award intends to connect bloggers with each other as well as hinting blog-readers about blogs worth checking out.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions they have given you
- Nominate 5-11 other bloggers
- Let them know you have nominated them
- Give them 11 questions to answer!
Thank you Ruzele for the nomination, I am honoured. Then, let’s get the ball rolling!
1. When and why did you start blogging?
This is not my first blog. It is my longest running one but definitely not my first one! However, all my blogs have had the same purpose: to communicate with people back home (I am now living in the 3rd country in my life and there are a lot of friends and family all around the world) but also to have an output for my thoughts.
To answer the first question: this blog started at the beginning of 2016 but my first blog started in 2011 when I moved abroad.
( I have a feeling that I will not be able to keep these answers short… I am a babbler)
2. The most impactful quote you have ever heard?
“The brick walls are there for a reason.
The brick walls are not there to keep us out.
The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something.
Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough.
They’re there to stop the other people.”
– Randy Pausch
This is a snippet of Randy Pausch’s Lecture. Actually, it was the last lecture he ever gave and it is all about really achieving your childhood dreams. I definitely think about the whole content of his lecture on a weekly basis (seriously, go and watch it!).
3. What book changed your life?
Rakas Mikael by Marja-Leena Tiainen.
(The book title would translate to Dear Mikael)
It is a story about Mikael’s family and friends after he dies. Although not a classic, it opened my eyes to realise how death has larger impact on people than you would think. I was definitely not supposed to read the book when I was 8 but I snuck into my brothers’ room and took it from them…
4. Your favorite place to workout?
Damnnnn, this depends highly on what kind of a workout we are talking about! I used to go to the gym but I do not feel comfortable going there anymore (is anyone else familiar with feeling blue because everyone else is so fit there whereas you still have a long way to go?). Therefore, I am trying to do all sorts of strength and exercise classes at home (thanks to YouTube).
When it comes to running or swimming, I definitely prefer the parts of Eastern Finland that I come from. There is nothing quite like running in the woods or next to fields and swimming in a crystal clear water on a summer evening!
5. What motivates you in a time of depression?
My bucketlist. There are so many things I have yet to have experienced on my list. Looking at the list (yes, I also have a handwritten list from back in the day that I add things to) reminds me that there is so much more to see in this world that I cannot give up.
(Again, watch Pausch’s last lecture!)
6. What movie could you watch over and over?
I love films based on a true story and this is definitely one of the very best ones!
7. If you could travel anywhere, where would it be and why?
I have always dreamt of visiting New Zealand. I came across with the country because I wanted to get as far away from Finland as possible (teenage angst and all that) but nowadays, I would love to go there for the scenery and snowboarding.
8. Who has been the most influential in your journey so far?
My eldest brother. He is filled with such positivity and kindness and he is such a chill man. I can only wish reaching the same level of coolness as him.
9. Do you listen to music through head phones or speakers?
Mainly headphones. A couple months back, I got a new pair of headphones and they changed the way I listened to music. Now I cannot think of doing it any other way (besides, the whole bluetooth thing is pretty legit).
10. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?
Overall happiness. In the Finnish language, being happy translates into two words: iloinenand onnellinen. Iloinen means happiness in terms of being cheerful whilst onnellinen refers to being fully content with your life. You know, that feeling when you are smiling without a reason and the sky is bluer than before?
Maybe I could start getting there by being more consistent in this whole blogging thing…
11. If you could do ANYTHING with no consequences and no limitations, what would that be?
Take my parents on a trip around the world to thank them for all their support through the years. They deserve a good get-away.
Bloggers I want answers from:
These people are pretty rad (look at me using words that were stylish like forever ago)! The blogs definitely create quite a quilt but I like them all equally!
Emily from The Wild Wayfarer
Lauren from The Plant Bakery
Jennifer from Young & Twenty
Katie (and Dan) from Our Blank Canvas
Maddy from The Eleven Eleven Diaries
Nunumy from Nunumu In The Wild
Becca (and Alex) from Roam Wild and Free
I know I am being naughty and breaking them rules but I only could come up with these 7 blogs right now. Quality over quantity, right?
- How do you motivate yourself to blog frequently?
- What is the nicest thing that anyone has ever said to you?
- Which song has the most meaning to you?
- If you had to choose one food to eat for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- When was the last time you did something for the first time? What was it?
- Name three things you think will become obsolete in ten years.
- Name one of your childhood dreams.
- What is your definition of happiness?
- What is the most thoughtful gift you have given to someone?
- From your travels, which place has had the biggest impact on you?
- What is the nicest thing that has happened to you in the past week?
Please let me know when you have answered all my questions, I would love to read your answers!
I still find it mind boggling how someone is reading my blog. You guys definitely give me a boost to keep on going with everything I do!
Until the next time!
P.S. How would you answer the questions by Ruzele? Would you like to hear how I would answer my own questions?